How To: Safely go Grocery Shopping
Last updated on 04/15/2020
This guidance is not intended to replace policy or direction specific to your local government or institution. It has been written in alignment with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and public health recommendations. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please follow the CDC guidelines.
- Adhere to store sanitation and distancing guidelines.
- Keep six feet from other customers.
- Keep your hands away from your face as you shop.
- Wash hands upon returning home.
- Put away your groceries, then wash hands again.
- Waiting a few hours before use will significantly reduce most of the virus on any package. To use something immediately be extra cautious, wipe the package with disinfectant.
- Wash fruits and vegetables as you normally would.
- For more detailed information, read one of our recent Op-Eds.