How To: Travel Safely
Last Updated on: 05/20/20
This guidance is not intended to replace policy or direction specific to your local government or institution. It has been written in alignment with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and public health recommendations. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please follow the CDC guidelines.
Here are a few recommendations for how you can stay safe while traveling during a pandemic.
- Wear a mask (on planes and at the airport)
- Wash hands before and after each step at the airport, and as often as possible on the plane (make sure to have enough hand sanitizer!)
- Wipe down tables and arm rests with a disinfectant
- Keep the personal overhead ventilation on and pointed down
- Maintain physical distancing
- For more detailed information, read one of our recent Op-Eds