How To: Clean Your Indoor Air
Last updated on 04/15/2020
This guidance is not intended to replace policy or direction specific to your local government or institution. It has been written in alignment with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and public health recommendations. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please follow the CDC guidelines.
- Open doors and windows as much as possible to increase air circulation.
- Increase ventilation particularly when using chemical cleaning products.
- Remove shoes in entryways or when entering the home.
- Avoid overusing air freshener products.
- Use an exhaust hood or open windows when cooking.
- Make use of portable air filters and humidifiers if you have them (40-60% humidity is ideal for staying comfortable and keeping viruses at bay.
- For more detailed information, read one of our recent Op-Eds, Basics of COVID-19 Prevention guidelines, Building Control & Operation guidelines, or visit our website on 36 expert tips for a healthier home.